TimeGate Studios announces
plans to distribute Section 8: Prejudice
digitally when the shooter sequel is released in the first quarter of next year. "We’re challenging the notion of just how much quality and value we can pack into a digital download first-person shooter," says TimeGate CEO Adel Chaveleh. "Our target is very simply to be the highest quality, best value digital FPS on the market. Prejudice is a full-retail-scoped product, so I’m sure our fans will be very happy with our price-point decision."
now offers a new automatic patch for Call of Duty: Black Ops
, with a number of changes for the military shooter sequel. The change list, which follows, lists performance improvements, a bunch of bug-fixes, new settings, and more. Continue here to read the full story
A new patch #2 for FIFA Manager 11
has a database update for the association football/soccer game, along with bug fixes and other improvements. The download is available from AtomicGamer
, The Patches Scrolls
, and WorthPlaying
Version 4.1 of the GoldenEye: Source mod for Half-Life 2
is now available, marking the first non-beta release of this modification based on the N64 shooter. As of the latest version, the mod offers 22 maps, 11 characters, and eight game modes.
An insight on indie from Alganon on Massively
is an interview with Quest Online president Derek Smart about Alganon
, QOL's MMORPG. Topics include the game's rocky start, claims the game is a WoW clone, patches, scenery, music, remaining independent, marketing, and more. There's also a new Quest Online Dev Blog
where Derek looks back on his first year with the project.
Virtually the entire catalogue of DRM-free good old games at GOG.com
is on sale for up to 50% off through the new year, and they are adding a free copy of Tyrian 2000
to everyone's order as a virtual stocking stuffer. The Humble Indie Bundle #2
is now available (and has sold more than $600,000 worth of bundles already), offering the chance to pay what you want for a bundle of Braid
, Cortex Command
, and Revenge of the Titans
, once again allowing you to give some of your contribution to charity. Two or more eligible games on the EA Store
are 50% off. GamersGate
has a buy four, pay for three promotion. There are a bunch of strategy games on sale on Matrix Games
- Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None on Impulse. Save 50%.
- Battlefield 2 Complete Collection on Impulse. Save 50%.
- Dragon Age: Origins Awakening on Direct2Drive. Save 50%.
- Duke Nukem 3D on Impulse. Save 66%.
- Puzzle Quest 2 on Impulse. Save 66%.
Still on sale (previously reported). Continue here to read the full story.
has news that a new patch is now automatically available for Sid Meier's Civilization V
, offering the promised
long list of changes to the turn-based strategy sequel. The patch notes follow. Continue here to read the full story
is now available, offering a new single-player, action/strategy shooter from Sigma Team, creators of the Alien Shooter
series. Details on the game and online sales can be found on the Sigma Team Website
, where they also have this trailer
showing off gameplay. Here's a bit on the game: "Here, in Sigma's adrenaline-fueled game, players measure stamina with never-ending stream of green creatures within the borders of special military mission. The rules are severe and the life of Humanity is put on the map. Control an entire army in a tough single-player campaign mode by simple mouse click. With easy approachable interface, players can go through three-dimensional battlefields destroying the enemies with superpower weapons, throwing various types of grenades, using airstrike skill, and upgrading both the base and the units. Players take serious rational decisions saving the soldiers and earning gold bonuses which are vital in an intense confrontation."
Open beta testing is now underway for Project Blackout
, a free-to-play online first-person shooter from SG Interactive (formerly Ntreev USA). Here's the deal: "Project Blackout tasks players with choosing a side and joining the fight for control over the bullet-riddled country of Korogese. Whether they decide to back the heavily-funded paramilitary group Ageis Inc or choose to support the civilian militia, the Corps, in their rebellious efforts, players will have a vast array of weapons to choose from as they shoot their way through five action-packed gameplay modes."
The Battle.net forums
offer another update on hotfixes for World of Warcraft
following the launch of the Cataclysm
expansion and the related version 4.0.3a patch. The list shows a very large number of balance changes. Thanks Ant
The Elemental: War of Magic Forums
have the change log for a new version 1.1 patch for Elemental: War of Magic
, saying: "We've been working very hard to get our beloved strategy game, Elemental up to its potential." Stardock says the new version of the turn-based strategy game "is an important step in that direction," and describe plans to follow this up with another new version next month. While they have already committed
to giving free copies of the first two Elemental expansions to those who bought the game by the end of October 2010, they now announce they will also gift customers who buy the game by the end of this year with a free copy of the first add-on.
IndustryGamers - Five Reasons Why World of Warcraft Going Free-to-Play is Inevitable.
The point is that Blizzard has been looking to see how fans react to micro-transactions, and despite some initial consternation on the forums to the idea, there hasn't been a mass exodus, and Blizzard has made a lot of money from these offerings. For the decision makers, it's all about dollars and cents (or sense), and giving a F2P option would open up more players and more revenue streams in addition to their substantial subscription base... and that's why I think F2P in World of Warcraft is inevitable.
Shadowlocked - Could 'Mass Effect' be the first worthwhile videogame adaptation? Thanks Ant via Slashdot.
On paper, it’s a very video-gamey synopsis, but there is so much in Mass Effect that makes you see the potential for a movie adaptation. Characters and dialogue are excellently written, by turns hilarious, moving and in some cases exuding pure 'cool'. If given the budget it needs, Mass Effect has the potential to be the next Star Wars. That might be considered a bold statement, but it’s an assertion that I and many others would stand by wholeheartedly.
- AMD Radeon HD 6950 Graphics Card on TechRadar UK.
- AMD Radeon HD 6950 and HD 6970 Graphics Card on Bjorn3D, Guru3D, [H]ard-OCP, Hardware Canucks, Hartware.net (in German), HEXUS.net, HotHardware, InsideHW, Legit Reviews, Neoseeker, Overclock3D, Overclockers Club, PC Perspective, Rage3D, and VR-Zone.com.
- AMD HD 6970 Graphics Card on t-break, Technic3D (in German), TechRadar UK, and TechSpot.
- ASUS ENGTX460 Direct Cu Graphics Card on Lost Circuits.
- ASUS Radeon HD 6950 Graphics Card CrossFire on techPowerUp.
- BigFoot Networks Killer 2100 NIC on XSReviews.co.uk.
- Cubitek Tattoo Fire Case on XSReviews.co.uk.
- Deepcool Ice Matrix 600 CPU Cooler on Hardware Bistro.
- GIGABYTE Radeon HD 6970 (2GB) Graphics Card on Legion Hardware.
- Hercules XPS 5.1 70 Slim Surround Sound Speaker System on OverclockersHQ.com.
- HIS HD 5450 Silence 1GB PCIe x1 Eyefinity Graphics Card on TweakTown.
- HIS Radeon 6950 2GB Graphics Card on eTeknix.com, techPowerUp, and Vortez.
- HIS Radeon HD 6970 2 GB Graphics Card on techPowerUp.
- HP Photosmart Premium C309G All-in-One Printer on Hardware Secrets.
- Inno3D Geforce GTX460 OC Graphics Card on XtremeComputing.
- Lenovo T410s 14-in Core i5 Optimus Notebook on PC Perspective.
- Maingear Shift Case on Digital Trends.
- Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse on TechReviewSource.
- Noctua NH-C14 Lower Noise Heatsink on FrostyTech.com.
- PowerColor Radeon HD 6970 Graphics Card on Benchmark Reviews.
- Psyko 5.1 PC Gaming Headset on Overclockers Online.
- Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2GB Graphics Card on Bjorn3D, Modders-Inc, Ninjalane, and TweakTown.
- Sapphire Radeon 6970 Graphics Card on PureOC and TweakTown.
- Spire Savit 6003 Case on RBMODS.
- Thortech Thunderbolt Plus 800W PSU on TechwareLabs.
- Vantec Nexstar NST-D400S3 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Dual Bay Hard Drive Dock on Tweaknews.
- Verbatim Store'n'Go 320 GB Flash Drive on techPowerUp.
- XFX Radeon 6950 and 6970 Graphics Cards on Hardware Heaven and PureOC.
- XFX HD 6970 Graphics Card on Tweaknews.
Damn, we missed Monkey Day
). That's okay, every day is a monkey day at the Blue Tower. More significantly, yesterday was also the 20th anniversary of Commander Keen
, as id's side-scroller was first released on December 14, 1990.