Vlambeer Unleashing Serious Sam: The Random Encounter on an Unsuspecting World This October
VLAMBEER UNLEASHING SERIOUS SAM: THE RANDOM ENCOUNTER ON AN UNSUSPECTING WORLD THIS OCTOBER
- Developer Compensated with Italian Sports Cars and Chocolate Milk -
THE NETHERLANDS – The third chapter in the Serious Sam Indie Series is going in with guns blazing as Vlambeer (Super Crate Box, Radical Fishing) prepares to launch Serious Sam: The Random Encounter on PC. The retro-styled RPG follows the legendary Serious Sam as he battles legions of bizarre creatures alongside his oddball cast of mercenary friends. Serious Sam fans around the world will be able to get their hands on Vlambeer’s bundle of turn-based digital fun for $4.99 on Steam, Get Games, and other digital distribution services mid-October.
“We’re big Serious Sam fans and this was a once in a life opportunity to make something truly unique for the iconic franchise with Serious Sam: The Random Encounter,” said Rami Ismail, co-founder of developer Vlambeer. “Plus, Devolver Digital promised us matching Ferraris and all the chocolate milk we could drink. We really love chocolate milk.”
But what about the game features in a tidy list of bullet points? Bam:
- Turn-Based Awesome – Battle across three worlds of pandemonium with Serious Sam and his band of quirky commandos as they clash with legions of relentless creatures hell-bent on ruining your day. Choose your weapons and prepare for an absolute onslaught of merciless enemies charging from every direction.
- Extraordinary Visual Design – Behold the pixilated brutality of Serious Sam’s struggle against evil in glorious retro-styled graphics. Visit the exotic locals of Egypt and dangerous caverns overrun by Mental’s twisted horde. Battle by land or take on all-new aquatic variations of classic Serious Sam baddies in underwater skirmishes unlike anything Sam has faced before!
- Serious Strategy – No magic here, son. Select from a variety of dynamic items to increase your party’s stats, toss out some Headless Kamikaze bait, or bring everything to a devastating halt with the all-powerful Serious Bomb.
- Endless Challenge Mode – Take on a never-ending wave of Mental’s most fearsome minions and attempt to post the best score to win the admiration of your friends and family.
“Whatever, mark me down as not interested. The only role-playing I care to do is in the bedroom,” said Fork Parker, chief financial officer at Devolver Digital. “My old lady loves dressing up as Chun-Li and going three rounds if you know what I mean.”
Vlambeer is a Dutch independent game studio made up of Rami Ismail and Jan Willem Nijman, bringing back arcade games since 1883. Hit them up at vlambeer.com and on Twitter @Vlambeer
Croteam are the creative force behind the massively successful Serious Sam series, which is recognized across the globe for its action-packed and entertaining game design and its powerful Serious Engine technology. Founded in Zagreb, Croatia in 1993, Croteam has grown to become one of the most successful and respected developers in Eastern Europe. Check out some hot Croatian tweets @Croteam.
About Devolver Digital
Devolver Digital is a small, laser-focused production and publishing company based in Austin, Texas, (also with one very lonely desperado in London) from an unnamed group of industry veterans/outlaw refugees. Our Twitter handle is @DevolverDigital so hook it up.